January 02, 2007

Ya-Ya LIVE!


Here's a video we received of Ya-Ya! She couldn't be any cuter. At that age, Ila wasn't walking as well as she is. I will definitely have my hands full. Lately, Ila and I have been shopping for things to put in a care package to send to Ya-Ya. I am buying 2 of everything -- one to send and one to bring along so Ya-Ya will have those items when we travel to Taiwan to bring her home. Chances are we won't see the items again that we send there. So when Ila sees two of everything she is convinced of her original theory of getting a baby sister AND a baby brother. The brother, of course, she has named Punky. I think she also is starting to have some jealousy that the new baby sister is starting to have a pretty cool room with some great toys and books. I asked her if someday she would like to share a room with her sister. She replied, "No. But she can stay over sometime." If anyone has any recommendations for books on siblings and adoption, I'm definitely open to suggestions!

We are really stuck on the name game. For some reason, I can't commit to one. Ila has decided on one but we are still thinking about it. I thought girl names were supposed to be easy! In the mean time, I am completing our dossier documents, having everything notarized and hope to send them to Journeys next week or so. Next we will have some legal paperwork to complete and then we will wait for the court process to take place.

Happy New Year to you and your families!

Peace, Lani

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lani- I just LOVE that video! She is sooo cute, it makes me miss the days when they're little and wear those cute overalls!

Anonymous said...

Thanks or sharing the video! She is precious.

Anonymous said...

Lani,
Thanks so much for posting on my blog! I hadn't discovered yours yet!!! I'm adding it to my favorites list right away. Congratulations! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers as you wait for travel and try to figure out a name for this cutie!
Sarah
http://journeytohannahclaire.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Lani-
I am soooooo excited!!!! Seeing your video of Ya-Ya is very cool. I can't wait to see my new baby cousin in person!!! I miss everyone & can't wait to see you all again.

love from indy--
Lea Marie