January 27, 2007

Zoboomafoo and Rudolph Too

Ila and her hermit crab, Pearl

Ila, her friend Lauren and the Shark at the zoo

Ila petting the Snake at the zoo

I'm not sure why I expected Ila to like princesses. When I was her age I just wanted a kitten or a puppy. Eventually I got into frogs, snakes and turtles. Well, she is definitely following in my footsteps. She has a closet full of princess dresses but she would much rather play with her hermit crabs (yes, we have 2, to go along with our 2 dogs and 2 cats...) and she never has seen Cinderella or The Little Mermaid. She is just crazy over Zoboomafoo and can tell you all about a macaroni penguin or a ring-tailed lemur. Her favorite outing by far is going to the Humane Society with daddy for an afternoon (I refuse to go because our 2 dogs and 2 cats would become 3 dogs and 3 cats). She knows all the animals names there and talks about them often. When a certain cat or dog isn't there anymore, she reassures me that they have gone to a good home. And if it's not the Humane Society she wants to go to, it's definitely the zoo. We recently went and she got to pet a snake and see the sharks. Another love of Ila's is singing. She does it often and does it loud...and ALWAYS makes it her own. Enjoy!

No comments: